"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~ George Bernard Shaw

Friday, February 18, 2011

100 and 1 Things That I Love About My Life #1

I often find myself focusing on the things that are "going wrong" in my life or that are making me unhappy.  It's so easy to get distracted by these things and I frequently forget all the things that are going right.  I have so much to be thankful for yet I seem to be overlooking most of them.

I realized today that I could use a little bit of a perspective change and in order to do so I've decided to come up with 101 things that I love about my life or that I'm thankful for.  I am really good at coming up with ideas like this and not following through.  To keep myself honest I'm going to post them as I come up with them.  So here's number one.

"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship." ~Thomas Aquinas

I absolutely love my friends!  I couldn't ask for better ones.  Some still live close by, but most of them are hundreds of miles away.  Regardless of being far or near, I know that they are always there for me.  I'm not sure how I lucked out, but over the years I've made so many amazing friends and I cherish the relationships and memories that we share.  Little room is left for complaining when I take into account how blessed I have been to have such wonderful friends in my life.


And since everything is more fun with pictures, here's one from the good old days!

No comments:

Post a Comment